DF Legal LLP is a forward thinking and ambitious law firm based in the heart of Gloucestershire and in Herefordshire.
We provide a supportive environment for all employees and are committed to life-long learning. We’ve attracted a highly skilled team of professionals who are genuinely passionate about the work they do.
We are always on the lookout for highly skilled individuals, so please feel free to contact us about careers at DF Legal or check below for our current vacancies section.
Paralegal – Commercial & Property
DF Legal is a well-established law firm with a strong reputation. Our offices are located in Tewkesbury, Cheltenham, Ledbury and Stroud, each office ideally located for motorway links or rail networks, making us easily accessible for clients and employees.
Our clients value the return for the trust they have placed in us over the last 35 years. As a result they come back to us and recommend our services to their friends and family time and time again.
The main activities of the position are:-
|To have responsibility (under supervision) for various matters in the commercial department, delivering the outcomes required by the Firm in the best interest of the clients.|
|To make use of own practical experience, knowledge and skills to give reassurance that all relevant legal issues in respect of a matter have been, are and will be dealt with competency in the best interest of the clients|
|To undertake work on cases supervised by the Firm’s Members having due regard to the policies and procedures defined in the Office Manual and Lexcel criteria including:-
• Arranging appointments and attending new, current and former clients and dealing with their queries;
• Obtaining instructions and advising on course(s) of action, length and cost of case (as appropriate), to obtain most preferable outcome for client;
• Assessment of client’s financial means and explanation of the Firm’s terms and condition;
• Preparing correspondence,
• Legal Forms/Documents required for clients and appropriated third parties.
• Obtaining and reviewing evidence and statements;
• Ensuring efficient day-to-day progress of all matters, carrying regular progress reviews, prioritising work as necessary and keeping the client informed on progress.
|Assisting with financial management of all matters including:-
• Costs and disbursements recording to ensure all matters are costed correctly;
• Recording and monitoring of time and costs against any financial limits/estimates applicable;
• Credit control, account monitoring, obtaining payments on account, debt collection etc;
• Ensuring a reconciled account at end of matter and liaison with Accounts Department;
|To ensure that clients are kept satisfied at all times and to resolve any concerns promptly and courteously and to report complaints for investigation in accordance with office procedures.|
|To work at all times in accordance with the Firm’s policies and practices defined within the Office Manual and to liaise with the Practice Administrator regarding ideas for improvement to the quality system.|
|To ensure training requirements are complied with and recorded.|
The successful Candidate should show the following qualities:-
|Willingness to learn|
|Ability to explain legal matters to non–experts|
|Previous experience in drafting commercial agreements and/or commercial property documents|
|Previous experience acting as a case worker in Commercial cases|
|Assertive in when to make decision and when to seek guidance|
|Investigatory approach to problem solving|
|Flexible approach to provide cover / assistance for other positions and duties when required.|
|Strong communication and interpersonal skills|
|Ability to plan and organise work activities and time|
|Numerate: ability to make sense of financial information and track working time|
|Strong IT skills: adaptability to information systems quickly, ability to learn how to use case management systems effectively|
|Excellent literacy skills including drafting style, attention to detail and accurate use of the English language.|
|Clear and concise communication, good listener and able to adapt information to suit audience.|
|Assertive when to make decisions and when to seek guidance.|
|Investigatory approach to problem solving.|
|Courteous, considerate and respectful to clients and others members of the team.|
If you are interested in this role, please forward an up to date copy of your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us for a chat to discuss the position further on 01684 850 750.
DF Legal LLP are always happy to receive speculative enquires. If you are interested in a role, please forward an up to date copy of your CV with covering letter to email@example.com or call us for a chat on 01684 850750.